Are you tracking the wrong KPIs (Key Performance Indicators?) If you have a startup chances are you’re enthusiastically tracking KPIs. But are you tracking the right ones?
Deliberating over your idea wastes time and often isn’t worth it. Instead, test a small part of the idea first. Here’s how.
Startups need lawyers, but how do you choose the right ones? And are you maximizing your lawyers, or simply wasting your money?
As a startup, competitors are likely to be on your mind regularly. In fact, startups are inclined to obsess about their competitors. They spend so much time and energy looking at competitors that they risk becoming distracted from the most important task—growing the business.
As the CEO of a B2B software startup I was pulled in a million directions. But understanding my key responsibilities as CEO was critical if I wanted to support my startup to massive growth.
First rule of selling a majority stake in your company: don’t get in the way! If you’ve followed our blog posts, you may have already read about how to value your startup and how to give up some equity for bigger growth. Now let’s talk about what happens after you’ve sold a majority stake in your company.
LA-based startup Barpay secures $300k in early funding and strategic partnership with LogicBoost Labs Seed and early stage investing is down in LA but Barpay is ready for when bars re-open Los Angeles, CA – April 22, 2020: Seed and early stage startup investments, which typically represent sentiment with riskier investors, have plummeted in Los Angeles in recent weeks coinciding with...
There are times in the life of your software startup when you'll have to think about giving up some equity. It might be when you first consider getting funding or it could be taking money off the table, selling part of your company, and getting a strategic partner.
Maybe you are fundraising for your startup, or considering selling a portion of your startup to an investor. Either way, you need to value your startup to figure out a fair price for the equity being sold and money being added to the business or being taken out by you.
There are so many business books out there and you have limited learning time with your startup. It is hard to know where to begin but learning is absolutely essential to your journey.
The Boost: Startup Advice
Don't miss out! Get monthly updates of startup advice to grow your business.
- Building Buzz: The Power of Public Relations for Early-Stage Startups
- Financial Management Best Practices for Startups
- B2B SaaS KPIs startups need to track in 2023
- Email Deliverability Fixes for Your Startup
- Reboots suck. These are the "Re-'s" to avoid in your startup
- How to Build A Remote Work Startup Dream Team
- Tips, Tricks & Traps for your B2B Startup
- AI for your startup: The good, the bad, and the ugly
- How to run a thrifty and successful startup in a down market
- Want your startup to sell more? Look at buyer roles
- Startup work-life balance: The toxicity of busy
- How to raise funds for your startup
- The importance of value propositions in your startup – the “why”
- Surviving technical due diligence as a startup
- Why your startup needs a budget