“How are things going?” they ask. “Busy,” you reply. “Busy is good! Better than the alternative!” they fire back. This is an exchange that every startup founder has experienced many times. But is “busy” really good? Sometimes—in fact, often—we’re too busy and are actually struggling. I call it The Toxicity of Busy. I think this
So you want to raise money for your startup, but you don’t know where to look. One thing is certain—you’ll have plenty of competition. There are many people looking to fund their startups.
You’re a cool startup. You’re moving fast and pivoting as needed. Nothing is written in stone and your team is small enough that you can change direction quickly. What do you need a budget for? Budgets are for big companies with accounting departments and corporate cost codes, not startups, right?
Is your startup still small? Maybe just you and your co-founder, or one or two employees. If so, everything is likely still close knit, with people working well together and communicating easily. Chances are, company culture, mission statements and core values all seem too heavy weight and bureaucratic to talk about just yet.
Our founder and CEO, Jonathan Cogley recently spoke on The Gentleman Style podcast with host Marcus Norman about various insights for B2B SaaS startups, especially during the pandemic. Marcus Norman is a leader and entrepreneur who offers weekly resources for those hoping to improve their finances and relationships. His hit show The Gentleman Style podcast can be found on Spotify, Apple Podcasts,...
Within our first year of business, LogicBoost Labs has successfully signed on 3 portfolio companies, offering the opportunity to help these local startups grow through investment, mentoring, sales, and marketing expertise. Our 2020 mission has been geared towards providing the resources needed to help our startup companies succeed, all while facing the challenges of closed businesses and remote...
Startup founders typically have an enormous workload and they have to stay on top of everything to give their startup the best chance of success.
Managing all your tasks, as a startup founder, is really challenging. How do you process tasks efficiently and share them with members of your team? Do you have a trusted task management system?
But you already do stuff for your startup every day, right? Typically, you’ll perform operational tasks like closing a sales deal, handle support issues or pay the bills. But you also need to do things that actually improve the running of your startup and therefore better position you to succeed, such as:
Our founder and CEO, Jonathan Cogley recently spoke at this year’s San Diego Startup Month where he shared his personal lessons throughout his entrepreneurial journey. Startup Month is a series of unique virtual content and experiences designed to connect, educate, and inspire both entrepreneurs and investors throughout the startup ecosystem.
The Boost: Startup Advice
Don't miss out! Get monthly updates of startup advice to grow your business.
- Want your startup to sell more? Look at buyer roles
- The Toxicity of Busy: Startup Work-life Balance
- How to raise funds for your startup
- The importance of value propositions in your startup – the “why”
- Surviving Technical Due Diligence as a Startup
- Why your startup needs a budget
- The Startup Work Culture: When to think about your workplace culture
- SaaS Marketing Insights – Interview with Marcus Norman
- What about cybersecurity for your startup?
- A Customer Success Mindset brings Business Success
- Our startup highlights from 2020 and optimism for 2021
- VIDEO: 5 Productivity Tips for Startup Founders
- VIDEO: As a founder, are you handling tasks effectively?
- What do startups need to succeed? Incremental changes, that’s what
- Growing my startup from zero to $100M – Lessons Learned